Since my last mission trip to Haiti, I couldn’t wait to get back. That was August 2010, just eight months after the earthquakes that shattered an already struggling nation. I’ve even made it down to the other side of the island, but my heart ached to be just across the border with the people I’ve grown to love.
This time I’m traveling on February 10-17 with Help One Now, an amazing organization that I’ve been working with to help develop their social media strategy and tell the story of the great work that they’re doing. On this trip, I’ll specifically be working as a writer to share more about the impact of things like the child sponsorship programs. In fact, while I’m there, I’ll have the opportunity to meet the child our family has sponsored!
I’m doing some extensive live-blogging from Haiti on this trip, and this page will be the place to stay up to date with the latest.
Right now, you can help in two ways…
- Pray for us. If it helps, then follow me on Twitter or subscribe to this blog so that you can stay informed with how to pray. Subscribers will also get a free downloadable copy of my book (The Unlikely Missionary: From Pew-Warmer to Poverty-Fighter)!
- Sponsor a child. If you sponsor a child in Haiti and tell me about it, then I’ll try my hardest to get a short video greeting from your child while I’m there.
Regardless of how you decide to support this trip, thank you. I cannot express enough gratitude for partnering with me in this fight against extreme poverty!
- Partnering For Haiti (TheUnlikelyMissionary.com)
- my child sponsorship story: samuel saul of haiti
- building a better boat [thoughts before my trip back to haiti]
Live Twitter Feed Digests (via @bibledude)
- haiti [micro]blogging for 2012-02-10 (arriving in Haiti)
- haiti [micro]blogging for 2012-02-11 (visits to Yahve Shamma orphanage, and Sylvestre’s house)
- haiti [micro]blogging for 2012-02-12 (going to church, and a microfinance experience)
- haiti [micro]blogging for 2012-02-13 (a construction project, a water project, and Rodney’s orphanage)
- haiti [micro]blogging for 2012-02-14 (construction project, and a visit to the Petionville Tent City)
- haiti [micro]blogging for 2012-02-15 (visit to Drouin)
- haiti [micro]blogging for 2012-02-16 (back to Yahve Shamma, and visiting Heart Line Ministries)
Trip Journals for the Help One Now Blog
- Haiti Trip Journal: Building a Playground
- Haiti Trip Journal: How to Change a Life
- Haiti Trip Journal: More Than Just Building a House
- Haiti Trip Journal: When Your Sponsored Kid Doesn’t Show Up
Post-Trip Articles at Other Sites
- The Business of Ministry in Haiti (at TheHighCalling.org)
- Why You Shouldn’t Build a House on Your Next Mission Trip (at ChurchLeaders.com)
- coming soon… (at RejectApathy.com)